This article brought to you by Martin and Martin Builders Inc.
Martin and Martin Builders are located in Adrian, Oregon. We live, play, and work in this community. Proud of our school, proud of our kids and, grand kids. We have always felt fortunate to live in this community. We call it home.
Martin and Martin Builders specializes in commercial, ag, and industrial buildings with wood frame and all steel. Licensed in both Oregon and Idaho and trusted for over 40 years with projects big and small.
Give them a call at 208-573-0614 or 208-573-5929.
John L. Braese
A number of eastern Oregon teams kick off a run towards a state 1A volleyball title on Wednesday, Oct. 25. Here is where to find your favorite team:
- #32 Condon (11-8 overall) at #1 Crane (28-2 overall), 6 p.m. – The High Desert League champions and top seeded Mustangs host the Blue Devils, the final team to make the bracket coming out of the Big Sky League.
- #25 Central Christian (14-11 overall) at #8 Adrian (18-8 overall), 5 pm (MT) – The Lopes host the Cougars coming out of the Mountain Valley League fifth in the league standings.
- #28 Southwest Christian (14-9 overall) at #5 Joseph 22-9 overall), 6 pm – Old Oregon league runners-up host the third place team from the Valley 10 League.
- #21 Jordan Valley (12-8 overall) at #12 Lost River (17-5 overall), 6 pm – Mustangs hit the road to take on the Pirates, the second place team from the Mountain Valley League.
- #20 Days Creek (14-9 overall) at #13 Prairie City/Burt River, 5:30 pm 17-9 overall), 5:30 pm – The Wolves travel to meet the Panthers after Days Creek finished third in the Skyline League. The Panthers host also after finishing third in the High Desert League.
- #30 Echo (11-12 overall) at #3 Trinity Lutheran (23-4 overall), 5:30 p.m. – The Cougars were a late addition to the tournament after some final match upsets changed the rankings. Trinity Lutheran hosts after taking the championship of the Mountain Valley League.
- #19 South Wasco County (22-11 overall) at #14 Damascus Christian (16-10 overall), 6 pm – The Redsides are on the road after finishing second in the Big Sky League. Damascus Christian was also runner-up in their league, the Valley 10 League.
- #22 Union (18-11 overall) at #11 Ione/Arlington (22-3 overall), 6 pm – The Bobcats are the fourth Old Oregon team to make the playoffs while the Cardinals are the champions of the Big Sky League.
- #18 Myrtle Point (15-5 overall) at #15 Imbler (18-14 overall), 5:30 pm – Myrtle Point is the fourth team from the Skyline League and will travel to meet the Panthers, the third place team from the Old Oregon League.
- #31 Triangle Lake (13-5 overall) at #2 Powder Valley (26-4 overall), 6 pm – The Lakers from the Mountain West League make the trip to meet the champions of the Old Oregon League.
Overall, not bad for eastern Oregon teams as 11 teams made the 32-team bracket and seven of those host round one matches.
Before you go! If you would like to support continuing and expanded high school sports coverage in eastern Oregon for as little as $1 a month click below! Thank you!