This article brought to you by Martin and Martin Builders Inc.
Martin and Martin Builders are located in Adrian, Oregon. We live, play, and work in this community. Proud of our school, proud of our kids and, grand kids. We have always felt fortunate to live in this community. We call it home.
Martin and Martin Builders specializes in commercial, ag, and industrial buildings with wood frame and all steel. Licensed in both Oregon and Idaho and trusted for over 40 years with projects big and small.
Give them a call at 208-573-0614 or 208-573-5929.
EUGENE – The Oregon Athletic Coaches Association joined this past weekend at Autzen Stadium to hand out both state and sectional awards with eastern Oregon taking home more than a few honors. The organization also took the opportunity to provide scholarships to graduating seniors to the tune of $19,000.
Eastern Oregon scholarship winners included La Grande’s Braden Carson and Weston-McEwen’s Theo White. La Pine’s Teagan DeForest was the recipient of the Director’s and President’s scholarship. Powder Valley’s Reece Dixon was awarded the Coach Dave Johnson scholarship.
In addition to student athlete scholarship awards, a number of coaches were also recognized.
Vale’s Tom Snook, girls golf coach, received regional recognition as the National Federation of High School’s Section 8 Coach of the Year. Snook received the award, rising above coaches in Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming.
The National Federation of High Schools also awarded Ontario boys soccer coach Jaime Gonzalez the State Coach of the Year award.
The Oregon Athletic Coaches Association also handed out the following state awards:
- Jason Edwards (Baker) – Assistant Coach of the Year
- Chad Doherty (Heppner) – Middle School Coach of the Year
- Aimee Esplin (Adrian) – OACA Dave Johnson Contributor Award
The following received Coach of the Year awards:
- Eric Nichols (Crane) – 1A Boys Basketball
- Jeremy Chamberlain (Nyssa) – 3A Girls Basketball
- Jordan Klebaum-Johnston (Union) – 2A Girls Basketball
- Stub Travis (Crane) – 1A Girls Basketball
- Dan Moody (Enterprise) – 3A Boys Cross Country
- Steve Sheehy (Union) – 2A/1A Boys Cross Country
- Bill Wortman (Adrian) – 1A Football
- Paula Toney (Burns) – 3A Volleyball
Before you go! If you would like to support continuing and expanded high school sports coverage in eastern Oregon for as little as $1 a month click below! Thank you!